Crispy Fish Tacos

I am digging deep into my unpublished recipe archives.  As hard as I try, I find myself unable to post recipes as often as I'd like to.  Believe me, food blogging is my creative outlet... it's my hobby and joy to photograph food.  I still enjoy reading cookbooks, and challenging myself to try new recipes.  Sadly, my new job has robbed me of the time it takes for me post a recipe.  I admit, that I am a perfectionist.  I want my food photos to look nicely plated.   I've had a little talk with myself, and I've realized that I should just post the half dozen (or more) recipes I haven't posted, because I was not happy with this final photo. You can't really see the crunchy fish, and that's a shame. 

I have a theory, and I'll share it with you.  Sometimes, by the time I photograph each step, and complete the recipe--  I'm really hungry! I can sense my husband anxiously waiting for his dinner to set at his place setting, while he's hungrily watched me take photos.  So, I rush the shot and there you have it... I hesitate to post the photos.  'Nuff said.  Onward and upward with the recipe:

I have made these fish tacos several times.  The recipe comes from Food Network's Tyler Florence, and I've made only a couple of changes from his original.

 Tyler uses Mahi-Mahi, but I use Cod.

I love the crunchiness of the panko crumbs and the Pink Chipotle sauce.  Yes, they're deep-fried, but once in a while... why not?

I keep canned Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce in my pantry.  If you've never used these in our recipes, be aware-- they pack a LOT of heat!  Chipotles are smoked jalapenos.  I buy these small containers at a local restaurant supply, because they cost just a few dollars for a large package.  I portion each one and freeze them.  That way, I'm not stuck with an open can of leftover chipotles.   Please trust me, when I saw these are HOT!  I use only one, instead of Tyler's three.  By the way, anytime I use tomato paste, I freeze the rest in 1 Tablespoon increments and freeze it, too.

The pink chili mayonnaise is a blend of sour cream (I used lite), mayonnaise, fresh lime juice and chipotles with adobo sauce.  Whir this in a blender and set aside.

Set up a blending station of flour, eggs & water, and Japanese panko crumbs. Cut the fish into 1-ounce strips and dip them into the flour, whisked eggs and then the panko crumbs. Set aside.

Once all the fish is breaded deep-fry in small batches in (375 degrees F) oil.

 Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Keep warm until ready to serve.

I like to grate Cotija cheese and I used regular shredded cabbage (while Tyler recommends Napa cabbage).  Heat a corn tortilla (on direct heat, or I use a cast iron skillet) I have lime wedges cut and I'm ready to assemble...

...drizzle some Pink Chili Mayonnaise (mine looks thin, because I used lite sour cream)
...squeeze some lime juice, add some cotija cheese and cabbage.

...take a bite.  Crunch.

TASTING NOTES:  I don't recommend buying those cardboard hard pre-formed tacos. I love the softness of a fresh corn tortilla.  The chipotle-sauce is the perfect touch, with it's creaminess and heat.  There is a mango-radish that Tyler makes in this recipe, but I never have ripe mangos on hand. Someday, I'll try that.  If you want the salsa recipe, click here.

My adapted recipe card is at the very bottom of this post.  Well, dear friends-- it's Sunday night.  I cooked a lot of Mexican food.  Let's hope that I can carve out some free-time to edit the photos I've taken and to write the recipes for you.   I miss my blogger friends!  I'll eventually catch up and share what I've been cooking....one recipe at a time.  If I haven't visited your blog as of late, or I've not responded to your comments or emails-- please forgive me.  I don't mean to be rude. Honest!

 Blessings,



                               

Crunchy Fish Tacos

        <p>This recipe is adapted from Tyler&#8217;s Florence&#8217;s Ultimate Fish Taco recipe.  I&#8217;ve made a few changes, that are very minor.  I use cod, and roll these with egg, and panko crumbs.  While these are deep-fried, and blotted well with paper ...    

        See Crunchy Fish Tacos on Key Ingredient.    

   


Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger