Home » , , » Meatloaf, again!? You bet! (Psssst, it's the best!)

Meatloaf, again!? You bet! (Psssst, it's the best!)


Meatloaf doesn't sound like a gourmet dinner.  It's isn't. It's comfort food. It's a classic American dish that dates back for generations.  This particular meatloaf recipe is my #1 most viewed recipe from my blog. That pretty much confirms that meatloaf is still a popular main dish.  Meatloaf isn't easy to photograph.  It's a little homely, if you ask me. Until you take a look at the glaze on this version...

I've made my share of meatloaf over the years decades.  I remember adding a load of the canned breadcrumbs (I now make my own.), a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, or even some of that onion soup mix to a mound of hamburger meat.  They were good, I'll grant it that.

What makes this particular meatloaf recipe so special are a few key things-- I use a combination of ground beef, ground pork and ground veal.  (I have no idea if this would taste as good using ground turkey. I've never tried it.) For those of you who make the best Italian meatballs...you know exactly what I'm talking about!    I cook the onion and garlic, just until softened.  I also use fresh marjoram and thyme.  Last, but not least, I make my own bread crumbs with my food processor and then whisk together fresh eggs, milk, hot sauce and Dijon mustard.  The star of the show is the glaze. Oh, the glaze!  It's so simple-- ketchup, brown sugar and cider vinegar.  While the meatloaf is cooking, your kitchen will be filled with a savory aroma that will make the men in your house start to ask when dinner is ready. I'm speaking from personal experience.
 You don't need to -- heaven forbid-- open a can of brown gravy, or make one from a packet.

Just make some creamy Yukon gold mashed potatoes.  Gravy doesn't hold a candle to this luscious glaze. I'm serious!

You'll be so busy savoring the right balance of onion and garlic, marjoram and thyme and then that glaze hits that spot on your taste buds that says "wow"!  This recipe makes about 10 servings.  There are three of us living in one house.  Leftovers will be fairly divided.  Meatloaf sandwiches are in my future. Mayo and a little mustard. Lettuce and tomato, please. No pickle.

How do you make this recipe?  You can either click here to see step-by-step photos.  Or, just scroll to the bottom of this post and you'll a printable recipe card. 
If you have a meat-and-potatoes kind of person in your life, make this recipe.  They will go back for seconds, and even thirds.

I'm speaking from personal experience. For the record, I ate one-and-a-half slices.  That doesn't count as seconds.

The Kitchen Heroine,



Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger