Home » , » Jumpstart to Grilling Season-- Need Inspiration?

Jumpstart to Grilling Season-- Need Inspiration?

Memorial Weekend has become the shotgun start to uncovering Weber's, Gas Grills, Big Green Egg's or Hibachi's.  For those of us who planted our garden tomatoes, we are anxiously awaiting for those beautiful orbs to make themselves known.

For me, it's a time to temporarily put away my hot soups, stews and casserole recipes and to think about some outdoor cooking!   I just finished prepping a beautiful cut of Tri-Tip, Santa Maria Style.  As I type, the meat is coated with olive oil, lots of freshly minced garlic and some coarse salt. Tomorrow, it will be grilled over coals until it has a beautiful brown crust, with some medium-rare meat.  Oh, it's a Carnivore's Delight!  I thought I would post some photos and links of a few tried-and-truly delicious summer recipes that my husband and I plan to recreate over the next few months:


Fig-jam makes a beautiful glaze over burgers. In particular....


We like our pulled pork with slaw on top, rather than on the side. Either way, my Creamy Cole Slaw recipe is a sure winner at any barbecue!

...so moist and lemony delicious!

 Giada's Grilled Chicken with Homemade Balsamic Barbecue Sauce. Very easy!

Antipasto Pasta Salad is an America's Test Kitchen success story. The marinated mushrooms are good, all by themselves, by the way.

Just in time for the Memorial Weekend, my husband picked his first bowl of our own homegrown olallieberries.  Berry Pie makes my husband weak at the knees.  (It's my secret weapon.)


Until I bought this excellent book on grilling, my husband was deathly afraid of trying to grill.  
 How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques
He stressed about it, because he shamelessly admits that he isn't a cook.  I bought this book for Craig because it has lots of color step-by-step photos on how to grill.  Both of us have learned a lot of very helpful tips on grilling.  Craig has become quite the Grill Master!I'm thankful that I can focus on being in the kitchen, while he tends to the main course!

Because I'm thankful for so many things-- that we are blessed with great weather... that our part of our country has been spared natural disasters... that I am thankful for those who gave their lives for our country-- and that is really what Memorial Weekend is all about--  I want to bless someone with a copy of this book.

All you have to do is to leave a comment on this post.  Either share your favorite thing(s) you like to grill. Or share your worst grill disaster.  Or, just share your thoughts on what Memorial Day means to you.  You have until Monday morning, and I will randomly choose a winner.



God Bless America!
Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger