Home » , , , » Panko-Stuffed Broiled Tomatoes

Panko-Stuffed Broiled Tomatoes


When I made Ina Garten's Potato Basil Puree, I decided to add broiled tomatoes as an extra bonus.   I often forget how delicious tomatoes can be, when they are filled with bread crumbs, seasoned with fresh herbs and garlic oil.  They're also really easy to make. I've tried a few recipes, but this is my favorite version:

I'm such a fan of panko crumbs. I love that special "crunch" that I don't get with regular bread crumbs.  I add fresh thyme, a little bit of Parmesan cheese.  In a separate pot, I heat a little bit of olive oil and butter, and then some minced fresh garlic. On very low heat, I allow the garlic to infuse the oil.

I use Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise; seeds and pulp are removed.

Season with salt and pepper...

Slowly, drizzle the garlic-herb oil/butter mixture into the panko crumbs, and combine with a fork.

Fill each tomato...then bake at 350F for 7-8 minutes.

Place a small pat of unsalted butter, and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.


VERDICT:  I'll let my son be the judge. You see, he's always hated tomatoes... ever since he was a little kid.  Brian looked at his dinner plate, and poked at the tomato suspiciously. He took a bite-- he tasted that wonderful garlic and herb combination, and that buttery crunch of the panko crumbs.  His eyes grew big, and he liked it!  It took 23 years for me to see the day that he ate a tomato.  Now, that's a compliment.  The tomato complimented the delicious Basil Potato Puree, perfectly.   As Ina would say, "How Easy Is That"?


                               

Panko Stuffed Broiled Tomatoes

        <p>There is a reason why I choose to bake my tomatoes for a few minutes, before broiling them.  I like for the tomatoes to soften just a bit, before broiling the seasoned topping under the broiler.  A garlic-infused olive oil is added to Panko crumbs.  ...    

        See Panko Stuffed Broiled Tomatoes on Key Ingredient.   

   
Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger