Home » » Eggnog Cookies (even for the unbelievers)

Eggnog Cookies (even for the unbelievers)

Eggnog. Does the thought of it give you the willies? I get it.  I'm not enamored with  drinking the stuff-- unless it's homemade.  It's been years since I've made Southern Comfort Spiked Eggnog. The commercial stuff is too thick, for me, and doesn't feel right as it slides down my gullet. However, I do like the flavor of eggnog.  I do like adding eggnog to recipe, like Eggnog pancakes.

My work schedule, and coming home to no natural light has made work night cookie baking unmanageable.  Since Thanksgiving ended, the UPS truck has been making regular stops at my house.  I've been shopping on Etsy and it's helped me with Christmas shopping. I managed to find time to decorate the house, and I've been making a few cookie dough recipes.



I've been drooling over hundreds of Christmas Cookie recipes that so many food bloggers have been posting for weeks.  So, here I am, just a few days before our school Winter Break, and  I had to bake something that I could share with my co-workers.  I was craving eggnog flavor and I was also craving cookies.  That's when I remembered that I had ordered a bottle of LorAnn Eggnog flavor from King Arthur Flour.  So, I adapted my Funfetti Cookie recipe, hoping I would achieve a cookie that is crispy on the outside, and chewy in the middle. 

I had a container of coarse sugar and decided to roll the cookie dough balls to add some extra crunch. I baked these on a work night, and was relieved that they were very quick (and easy) to make.

I was happy with the flavor. The cookies weren't fluffy and cakey (not my favorite cookie texture, and that is why I didn't use real eggnog), with notes of vanilla custard, a hint of rum and nutmeg.  My husband and son wouldn't try them, because they swear they hate eggnog. Until today.  Hubs liked them, surprisingly.  If you can't find eggnog flavor, you can easily adapt these with almond extract and I think they'd be good and easy sugar cookies. Fortunately, My co-workers really liked them. 

 I have this weekend devoted to baking, and I'm on vacation for two glorious weeks. I plan to make up for lost time by taking advantage of natural lighting so I can share recipes with you.

Here's a teaser for my next recipe:

Boef Bourguignon (Beef Burgundy). Recipe post coming next!

A printable recipe card, for the cookies,  is at the end of this post.
Blessings,



Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger