Home » » Restaurant Style Salsa

Restaurant Style Salsa

This weekend is "The Big Game" at home. I admit, I'm not much of a football fan. My son is. He's been a Falcons fan for as long as I can remember. When you live just two hours south of San Francisco, this is the San Francisco 49'ers territory. (Shall I also mention, ahem, this is Baseball Giants territory?)

My son is, naturally, hoping that the Falcons will make it to the Super Bowl. We shall just have to wait and see.  No matter which teams will fight for the ultimate trophy, I know that I will make my traditional chili recipe, plenty of guacamole, salsa and chips.  This morning, I was searching for my salsa recipe and I realized that I had combined the recipe with a post for Black Bean Huevos Rancheros (May 2010) .


I'm reviving the post, by copying how to make this simple salsa.  It's so easy to make, and I can promise you that it disappears really fast.


You also need onion, fresh jalapeno, fresh cilantro and a garlic clove.  If you've never worked with jalapenos, just remember a few things-- the membrane holds all the heat. Remove the seeds, too, and wash your hands! If you accidentally rub your eyes, you will be very sorry! If you hate cilantro (Chinese Parsley), leave it out. Thankfully, we love cilantro and grow it in my own backyard.

 
Toss all of your ingredients into the food processor. Add 1/4 tsp of cumin (or more, if you wish), a pinch of sugar and salt, and fresh lime juice.  I coarsely cut the canned mild green chilis and then pulsed these ingredients about 3 times-- we don't want puree!

Add the undrained tomatoes and pulse this a few more times. Taste with a tortilla chip. Mine needed more salt. Yummy!


TASTING NOTES: I see no reason for me to buy salsa in the deli section nor jars at the grocery store.  This is much easier to make, and you can adjust the "heat".  1 whole jalapeno gave this some kick.  1/2 jalapeno would be more my preference, but my boys like it hot. If you want it mild, leave out the jalapenos, altogether but don't skip the minced green onion. If you have Rotel tomatoes (which are tomatoes with mild green chili peppers, and some seasonsings) that works, too. 
Every year I say I'm going to photograph and write the recipe for my Chili Con Carne, and I hope this is the Super Bowl Year that I do it. I use pinto beans (no kidney beans in mine...yuk), plenty of beef and spices and I simmer it long and slow.  While the boys are busy watching the Super Bowl, I'm the "chick" who enjoys the commercials.  They appreciate the "grub", I appreciate the watching them have fun.  If you really want to know--  I secretly root for the '9'ers, because I love my part of California!
Here's the recipe:
 
Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger