Home » » Frito Chili Pie

Frito Chili Pie

I finally shared  my Signature Chili Con Carne recipe with you, just in time for the Super Bowl. Tomorrow, I am feeding three men who are geared up to watch the 49'ers and the Ravens battling for the Ultimate Football Prize.

Today, I made my traditional Chili with meat.  I gotta say, it's a good batch, if I do say so myself! I have a nice variety of chips, ready to be poured into small bowls.  There's definitely more than enough chili, and hot dogs. Of course, there's plenty of ripe avocado, waiting to become fresh guacamole.  I even baked some treats that I know my men will love (will blog those soon).

I don't buy Frito Lay Corn Chips, very often, because I can't stop eating them.  Nom, nom, nom.

All that cooking and baking made me really hungry.  I can eat my homemade chili beans several days in a row, and never tire of it.  I've never made Frito Chili Pie, though I've heard of it. It was lunch time, and my husband just finished setting up our new Flat Screen HDTV (super excited to finally have one), so I made him a "thank you" lunch.

 

There was a piping hot pot of chili, and so I thought I'd see what this Chili Pie craze is all about.



A more "novel" way of making these, is to cup open a lunch-snack sized bag of Fritos and pour in some chili.  I wanted to up the ante a bit, so I chose to use oven-proof serving dishes.

...and, I topped it with shredded cheddar cheese.

I set these on a baking sheet, and placed them on the highest rack with the broiler on.

Just under two minutes later, the cheese was bubbling and melted.

Then I topped these with sour cream and some fresh chopped tomato, and a little cilantro.

TASTING NOTES:  This is so simple to make, and so very good.  This reminds me of Tamale Pie. The chips turn "soggy" but in a good way.  What took me so long to discover Mexican themed dish? 

Tomorrow, I'll let the boys enjoy Chili Dogs.  I'm going for more of this.  Delicious and simple.  

Touchdown!
 




Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger