Home » , » Funfetti Cookies-- put some sprinkles in your life!

Funfetti Cookies-- put some sprinkles in your life!

When my son was a little boy, I remember baking Funfetti Cupcakes for his classroom, because that was the cake mix he always chose.  (That was, back in the day, when I used to buy cake mixes.)  My favorite cake is white, as is my son's.


The colored sprinkles are festive, and I think that most kids love Funfetti anything for that very reason.

I first spotted this recipe on "Two Peas and Their Pod", that led me to "Tasty Kitchen", that led me to "Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body" -- which is where this recipe originated. 

If I had to pick my favorite cookie, it would sugar cookies.  When I read that this cookie recipe uses both vanilla and almond extract-- and I happened to have a collection of colored sprinkles on hand, I decided to make them for me surprise my boys with cookies for their lunches.

These were super easy to make-- in fact, the batter was ready in less than 10 minutes.

Despite all the warnings about eating raw cookie dough, and raw eggs-- I have survived my addiction fondness of cookie dough.  This cookie dough rocks!  OMG!  The dough tastes just like Funfetti cake batter!
For the first batch, I used an ice cream scoop to measure the cookie dough; that yielded 8 cookies.

The cookies were huge!  We're talking the size of my hand, huge.

For the second batch, I used a smaller scoop and it yielded 12 cookies.

 I followed the recipes directions to bake them just until they turned golden brown.

They come out of the oven puffy, but quickly cool nice and flat-- and perfectly round.

 I set aside the larger cookies, and I taste tested a smaller one.

..and I smiled, and moaned, and devoured the rest of the cookie with glee. This cookie brought out the child in me, with the colors and the flavor of white cake!

TASTING NOTES:  There is a perfect balance of vanilla and almond.  The flavors remind me of white cake. The edges of the cookies have a light crispness, and the inside of the cookie is chewy.  This cookie has moved up on my list of favorite sugar cookies.  My husband and son gobbled these up very quickly.  

The large cookies became ice cream sandwiches, filled with a Buttermint Ice Cream that I made.  I think traditional vanilla ice cream would do just fine.   These cookies are so good, served warm.  The next day, I figured out that 20 seconds in the microwave worked really well.  

You want these cookies in your life.  My husband says that people, at his job, would pay good money for these.  Hmmmm....

A printable recipe is at the end of this post.  If you can view the recipe card, then click here to be directed to Key Ingredient.

The winner of my Jeni's Ice Cream Recipe Book Giveaway is #15 (chosen by Random.org)...Joanne Bruno of "Eats Well With Others"!  Congratulations, Joanne.  Thanks for being such a loyal follower, and I hope you enjoy using Jeni's ice cream recipe!  Email me at foodiewife@gmail.com with your mailing address, so I can get this shipped off to you.






Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger