Home » , » Man Pleasing Chicken (Applies to Moms, Women or Wives, too)

Man Pleasing Chicken (Applies to Moms, Women or Wives, too)

For those of you who haven't jumped on board with Pinterest, I'll give you fair warning-- Pinterest can become a time drain. It's a fun one, but I've had to detox myself--considerably-- from my addiction.  Seriously.  Never heard of Pinterest?  Pinterest is, a website that has an infinite number of mouthwatering photos that countless fellow food lovers (myself included) have "pinned" onto our personalized "boards".  Essentially, it's my way of, categorically, saving recipes onto my bucket lists "boards". I've also discovered some great food blogs, this way.

I won't live long enough to make all the recipes that I've pinned, but I'm slowly working my way through them.  It's interesting how one particular Pinterest photo can make a recipe go viral.  My own "Best Meatloaf Recipe" received 25,000 hits in one day!  This chicken recipe became a hit with Pinterest, and the original blogger is "Witty in the City".  (The recipe was adapted from the "I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook"). "Witty" has received over 400 comments for that recipe!  After making it, I can see why.  It's that good.

You only need three ingredients, plus chicken.  Fortunately, I always have those ingredients on hand: Maple syrup (not pancake syrup), Dijon Mustard and Rice Wine Vinegar.  Fresh rosemary makes a perfect garnish.  The name of the recipe speaks volumes.  I've made this recipe three times, already, because my men love it. 

The original recipe uses 1/2 cup of Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup and 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar.  Dijon mustard can be overpowering, in my opinion and I wanted the maple syrup to shine through--- so I used 1/4 cup Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup maple syrup.  Love.

Round #1: I used chicken thighs, bone-in.  After seasoning the chicken with salt & pepper, I poured the sauce over the chicken, and coated it.

In a 450F preheated oven, I baked the thighs, basting them with the sauce halfway through,  until it reached 165F-- about 30 minutes.  Garnish with fresh chopped rosemary, and it's perfect!
NOTE: There was a lot of fat on the surface, that I carefully drained out. Served with brown rice, it was a big hit at the dinner table. My men spied my plate, hoping for more.

ROUND TWO:

Chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in: Using a little olive oil, I seared them until golden brown, then drained the fat and baked them at 450F.   I got less fat, and delicious.

ROUND #3:  I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs.  I still got a little fat on the surface, but nobody complained.  I also started lining my baking dish with foil, for easier cleanup.

TASTING NOTES:  No matter how you choose to prepare this recipe, it's going to be good. I no longer measure when I make the sauce.  Adjust the flavor to your taste buds liking, to balance the Dijon to Maple ratio.  I think this sauce would be delicious with pork chops, and I'm going to test that theory.  This is the perfect quick meal to make, after a long day at the office.  

Today, I need to get busy packing and doing last minute chores, as Craig and I are flying to Bozeman,  Montana to spend eight days exploring Yellowstone National Park, and the Grand Tetons.  I have a busy day ahead of me, so I'm staying off Pinterest!  I don't need a time-drain!   I might post more recipes, if I can.  If I don't, it means we are too busy exploring the beauty of Montana and Wyoming!

A printable recipe card is at the very bottom of this post. Or, click here if you can't see it.






Jika Anda menyukai Artikel di blog ini, Silahkan klik disini untuk berlangganan gratis via email, dengan begitu Anda akan mendapat kiriman artikel setiap ada artikel yang terbit di Creating Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Delicious Food Kitchen - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger